The Didlake® Autism Center of Excellence
The Didlake® Autism Center of Excellence (ACE) is a resource for specialized services to support individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
ACE is committed to:
- Advancing knowledge and understanding of ASD among community members to promote and encourage diverse inclusive workplaces.
- Expanding organizational awareness of ASD at Didlake through in-house training sessions offering best practice and current research around working with and supporting people with ASD.
- Building relationships to further our mission and improve employment outcomes for people with ASD. We value our relationships with the Virginia Autism Council and the Autism Society of Northern Virginia.
Contact us — we love to hear from interested community members and organizations who support employment efforts for people with ASD. Working together, we believe we can expand employment opportunities for people with ASD.
Business Advisory Council
Didlake’s Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a group of local business and community professionals who strive to advance and increase employment options and opportunities for people with disabilities. Leveraging the experience and knowledge of its members, the BAC helps job seekers obtain competitive employment within their local communities by offering professional advice and networking opportunities.
Benefits of Council Membership
- Quarterly education & discussion sessions
- Best practices and advice related to ADA
- DE&I and Affirmative Action
- Access to a pool of qualified job seekers
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month Marketing Kit
- Invitation to Didlake events
Responsibilities as BAC Members
- Serve as ambassadors to other businesses
- Share professional contacts and networks for the group to cultivate
- Host mock interview events
- Provide resume feedback
- Provide situational assessments and informational interviews
Who Should Apply
- Community Leaders
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals Workforce Development Professionals
Contact us for more information.
Hylton Performing Arts Center
The partnership between Didlake and the Hylton Performing Arts Center provides employment, volunteer, performance, and a host of other opportunities for people with disabilities throughout the community.
A gift from the estate of Roger J. Costello, created the opportunity for Didlake to join George Mason University, Prince William County, the City of Manassas, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and individuals and businesses in the private sector in the support and development of the center. Since 2010, the Didlake Grand Foyer has welcomed patrons and visitors with a central space dedicated to community gathering. The 85,000-square foot center is home to two unparalleled performance venues for local arts groups and performers from around the world, as well as university-related activities.
We love to hear from community members and organizations interested in developing vibrant inclusive communities. Contact us today!