March 29, 2020
During this fast-moving and uncertain period, the health and safety of our employees, program participants, customers, and the community are our highest priority. We are following best practices and the latest guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state, and local agencies. We continue to carefully review the information and resources provided by these agencies to mitigate the exposure of coronavirus (COVID-19) to our employees, program participants, and customers.
- Beginning on March 18, 2020, all Day Support programs are closed until further notice. Program participants and their families will be notified when the program will reopen via Didlake Alerts.
- Supported Employment services will be provided on a limited basis, following guidance from the Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services. When possible, we are providing employment services via video. In addition, we continue to serve our consumers with significant disabilities who work for employers in the community to provide essential services.
- Pre-Employment Transition and Project Search are suspended.
- The UPS Store 6631 at the Center at Innovation and The UPS Store 6656 at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center are designated as essential services by the President of the United States and the Governor of Virginia and remain open. We are practicing social distancing and limit the number of customers in the store, follow appropriate hygiene protocols, and perform increased disinfecting/sanitizing within the store, especially for frequently touched surfaces.
- Didlake administrative buildings remain open with essential employees. We are practicing social distancing, following CDC guidelines, and are not allowing visitors at this time.
- As part of our pandemic response plan, we have also implemented a remote work plan where feasible.
- Didlake contract locations that provide needed services for those essential functions designated by the Federal government and State governments remain open.
- Operating status for contract locations will continue to be communicated to employees by their manager and through Didlake Alerts.
Employees can find the most up-to-date information and resources surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) on our company intranet. We are continually updating the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource section and posting regular news items on Didlake News, so check back often.
You can also find the most up-to-date information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website.
Information about responses to the coronavirus in the areas we operate can be found on the following websites:
- District of Columbia Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Health
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Health
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 703-361-4195 or [email protected].