Didlake, Inc. is proud to be accredited by CARF International, an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services organizations. CARF accreditation requires a service provider to continually improve quality of service and to focus on the individual needs of each person they serve.
Didlake’s consumer and mission focus has resulted in an environment that both enriches the lives and empowers people with disabilities. To learn more about Didlake’s commitment to maintaining the highest standards of quality and service for our consumers watch our video, Didlake and the CARF Accreditation Process or read more below.
Who is CARF?
Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services in the following areas:
- Aging Services
- Behavioral Health
- Business and Services Management Networks
- Child and Youth Services
- Employment and Community Services
- Medical Rehabilitation
The CARF family of organizations currently accredits more than 47,000 programs and services at more than 20,000 locations on five continents. More than 8.7 million persons of all ages are served annually by more than 6,000 CARF-accredited providers.
CARF accreditation extends to 17 countries in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Over the past year, we have undergone the rigorous process of renewing our CARF accreditation. This means our processes are subject to an internal evaluation by CARF, which showcases our efforts to exceed CARF’s stringent standards. We are pleased to announce that Didlake and all of its programs have been awarded a three year accreditation by CARF. In addition, this is our 5th CARF Accreditation. It is with great pride that Didlake shares a summary of the survey results below.
Didlake, Inc. demonstrates strengths in many areas. Some examples include the following.
- The organization is led by a strong and capable leadership team that is knowledgeable, experienced, and well connected in the business and service community. The leadership is supportive of staff and committed to providing opportunities for professional development in order to remain current in the forefront of its industry.
- Compassionate and highly qualified staff members throughout the organization are committed to the consumers, the organization, and its mission. High staff retention rates contribute to continuing high levels of quality results of service.
- A strong financial position ensure the sustainability of the service. Sound business practices and efficiencies enable the organization to maintain focus on its mission of serving persons with disabilities.
- Didlake’s properties are modern, clean, and attractive, providing a functional and pleasant work environment and projecting a professional image to the public.
- Staff members and management support a strong safety and health program throughout the wide geographical expanse of facilities.
- Interviews with employers reveal the fact that Didlake is held in high esteem by the business community. They do not see Didlake as a charity but as a vital business partner. That is a major compliment to Didlake and its leadership.
- The organization’s commitment to and focus on continuous improvement were evident in the daily practices and organizational culture, branding Didlake as an organization known for its responsiveness and quality of services.
- The organization is commended for developing a job shadowing program as a component of the new hire orientation. This practice has been instrumental in team building and cohesiveness among the employment staff members who are responsible for covering a wide and diverse geographical area.
- The services and activities offered through the community integration program are creative, individualized, and age appropriate. A balance of facility-based group and personal enrichment activities and community-based experiences are responsive to the expressed and learning interests of each consumer. Persons served are engaged in active planning and enthusiastic about the program.
In the following areas Didlake demonstrates exemplary conformance to the standards.
- A rich focus on professional development responds to the interests of staff and supports the future sustainability of the organization.
- A strong commitment to advanced technology enhances the efficiency of the operation and the effectiveness of individual and organizational results.