Didlake has partnered with the Hylton Performing Arts Center (HPAC) and the Prince William Little Theater (PWLT) to offer a sensory friendly performance of the musical Oklahoma! On Saturday, July 22 at 2:00pm at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas.
This performance is designed to create a performing arts experience that is welcoming to anyone with sensory sensitivity and is the first sensory friendly theater performance in Northern Virginia. Didlake’s Director of the Autism Center of Excellence, Rachel Payne, is providing consultative services to the PWLT to ensure the performance is both entertaining and accessible.
Performance accommodations include:
- Lower sound level, especially for startling or loud sounds
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theater during performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet areas within the theater
- Space throughout the theater for standing and movement
- Hylton Center staff trained to be inviting and accommodating to families’ needs
Tickets can be purchased through the Hylton Center Box Office at 703-993-7759 or online at http://hyltoncenter.org/calendar/1021/.
Tickets: $25 adults; $20 seniors, students and active/retired military; $15 children